My Mini Baby...Part ONE

Time to play (experiment) with the My Mini Babies

So in case you have been living under a rock and no idea who/what My Mini Babies are ...


Made by Zuru the same people who make Mini Brands, Mini Books, Mini Fashions and a whole load of minis that are on the most part 1/6 scale and perfect for the fashion doll world. There are three babies at the moment all the same body mould but three different skin colours. 

In this series they are all sleeping. There are three colours (pink comes with black baby and is the hardest to get) yellow and green come with white babies in two shade of white. 


Of the four nursery sets you get with the babies only one is good with Barbie, the rocker. The other three items are to small they are a cot, pram and changing table. But they do work for Barbie's little sisters Stacie or Chelsea.

I love these little silicone babies as they are perfect fashion doll size.

Oh, and they come in blind balls so until you open the ball you don't know who you have.

The babies are a little smaller than Barbie's baby sister Krissy (if you remember her) and the newer Skipper Inc Baby sitter dolls are just a little bigger than the Krissy doll.



Now the fun bit.... A few experiments.

I wanted to do this for a while but as always  LIFE!

So with some of these ideas other people have beaten me to it.

I wanted my baby to be able to take a bottle or a dummy. This was quite easy and I tried two ways both worked fine but the second way was a little easier I think.

1. Push a pin in the mouth followed by a larger/thicker pin. Now the baby can take a bottle or a dummy.




2. This one not so good for children or those with shaky hands, slit the mouth with a exacto type knife. Because the babies are silicone you can't see the cut.

This is the knife I use for pretty much everything but
this one is better when working on such small dolls.
 

.........................

Next I wanted to wake the baby up. 

Now for this I have seen a few different ways.

1. If you are good at painting tiny eyes you could try this. (I'm not) Remember the fun fact with silicone is nothing will stay on it very easily but I understand some acrylic paints will work and you can buy silicone paint too?

2. A very easy one (not suitable for small children) push pins in their eyes sockets. Look for those little eyes that you can get for bears size 2mm if you can find them. I found mine on Amazon and they are from China. The sizes very by quite a lot so if you get them from Amazon, Temu or Ali Express take your time looking at each pin head to match them up.



 



Mine came on short metal posts so not sure how they will work out long term? I guess if you don't glue them in you can remove them when cleaning your baby.

Cleaning? Yes, silicone loves dirt and fur (I have cats) but they are easy enough to clear with warm soapy water. Dry with a lint free cloth.

So the eyes can be left just pushed in or glued in. You can also look for flat headed pins that you could paint.

3. Taking this one step further you could slit the eye lid in the middle and push the pin in until the lid comes over the pin.



4. Another thing you could try in mini crystals (think nail art) 2mm or smaller. Then the baby can have coloured eyes. Add a little black dot for the pupil and maybe a tiny white fleck for light reflection.

I brought these on Amazon 2mm



These are the colours I thought I could use and the other colours I can use for maybe buttons or something?


 Comparing the two types.

I have also just received a mould to make eyes so look out for an update. Or look through the below Facebook groups and check out this idea.

.............................

A final bit for part one and looking towards part two but still with eyes. 

Give the sleeping or awake baby eye lashes (Got this from My Froggy Stuff, link below)

Take a single strand of doll hair, thread it in a needle and poke it through the eye. As you can see on the video.


 If you have not heard of the Queen of crafts Toya before you soooo need to get out from under that rock!!!!


Facebook groups for the mini babies

 

My mini baby buy/swap/sell

https://www.facebook.com/groups/226391377169034

my mini baby buy and swap UK

https://www.facebook.com/groups/829663702303648

My Mini Baby Clothes UK

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/385877377748304

My Mini Baby Clothes And Accessories AU

 https://www.facebook.com/groups/488467863538795

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Wardrobe ideas

Simple Wardrobes And Storage

Painting Plastic