I'm often asked about storage, do I have a magic system? Nope it's a mess and I often spend longer looking for stuff than making stuff. A quick tidy can take days as I often stop for a quick 'play with some long lost item. I have things like soldering irons and blow torches still not removed from boxes! I have things I remember buying but have stored them away so well I have never seen them since! I'm forever saying I should have a second floor on the doll room (can't happen not designed that way).
I have stuff in many rooms and even when I have a clear out I still have as much as before... or even MORE? How does that happen???
 All the boxes are filled with... I know not what?
 I've started on a second row with the wheely gig on the right in the above picture
 Secret peek at my ambulance
 More storage boxes and my wallpaper collection. I also have two double and two single kitchen base units filled with fabric. A double and single wall unit also filled wit…

Diorama Dolls

These are the dolls I make my dioramas for...
Starting with the little ones

Going from left to right  I found this one on E.Bay it's a little bigger than most but still workable. Look for OOAK dolls then check out miniature/Barbie or doll house. This one is hand made and gifted to me. Also look on Etsy A Mattel babyThis little one I found at a car boot sale and the clothes are painted on, advantage for this one is she will stand on her own.

Going from left to right  Doll house baby with beanbag body Mattel doll she has been re-painted  Generic baby doll I think it might be from the Steffi line? Mattel doll also re-painted

Going from left to right Mattel Shelly/Kelly/Chelsea or whatever they are calling her this week?Nari Pon from Japan and no longer made but I love the articulation and she is wigged. Mattel Shelly/Kelly/Chelsea on a Obitsu 11cm body. They come with two skin-tones natural or white. Another great thing with this body is it comes apart and you can buy extra hands. This one …

Painting Plastic

I've touch on this before but here I will go through the prose step by step...
First up room temperatures. Even before you start if you are going to use spray paint then outside or a well ventilated room is a must.
Not hot, not cold and not raining. Oh, and no wind...very important no wind if spraying outside... not an issue if working indoors. Remember the sprays do like to float about a bit and all surfaces need to be covered or use a spray box. This can be just an old cardboard box or something you make yourself.

My table in the garden is just for spraying and is well away from the plants etc

Another must is a mask, I do a lot so mines a bit fancy (I also have Asthma) but a basic mask from your local DIY would be fine 

Spray paints are easy enough to find just look around your local DIY or craft store, there is also E.Bay and Amazon. 
Start by cleaning what you want to paint then once dry I always use a primer, they come in three colours white, brown and grey. Not everyone uses a pri…