Tools and equipment

Starting with the basics

Knife/Cutter
This has a snap blade and you can buy refills 


Scissors
I have one pair for cutting anything and others that a just for paper or fabric etc


Rulers
Clear are good, mettle works well when using a cutting knife.


Glue
Hot glue

Now as you can see I do like a good glue....any sort of glue!
It depends on the job as to what glue you will need.



Tape
One of my favourite is electricians tape, plus masking tape and double sided tape



Foamcore board
These come in black or white and in many sizes. The white can be found in three thicknesses 3mm, 5mm, 10mm. You can build a LOT using foamboard.





Cutting Mat 
I use a large one and would say this is a must have



Bradle 
For making holes


Sandpaper and block 


Tweezers


Dentist Spatula 


Used like a shoe horn to help get those pesky shoes on!

Brushes
You need some very fine ones for detail and maybe a bigger one to use with glue. 


Paint
Spray paint you will need a well ventilated area and I use a box to stop everything else getting sprayed too. 





Enamel paints used to be good when oil based but the water based ones are not so good.

Marker pens work well and if you mess up you can remove with nail varnish remover. 
Paper and Card
Well, where do you start with this, computer paper, card-stock, scrapbook paper, wallpaper the list could go on and on and on and on........

The important thing to remember is you don't need to run out and buy all this stuff at once, just think about what you want to make and start with the basics.

What I use most knife, scissors, ruler and cutting mat. 

I have more ...lots more! Maybe one day I will open a few cupboards and show you my stash? But I must add I have been making dioramas for over 25 years and I'm also a bit of a hoarder!!!














Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Wardrobe ideas

Simple Wardrobes And Storage

Prams/ Stroller or what ever you call it!... Painting Plastic