Just a simple little thing.....

I wanted to add lights to the school rooms and as I was dismantling the rooms to add extra strength to the floor/ceilings now would be a good time. 
When looking through e.bay and Amazon I came across these lights no batteries it uses a USB. That sounded good a nice light weight neat looking light I could just un-clip and charge. 

NOPE!
You need to have the cable PLUGGED IN for it to work
OK, so cable not to big or heavy I could cut a small slit in the ceiling and it would still work BUT I will some sort of USB plug for it to plug into.
I return to Amazon/e.bay and find a small portable charger not much bigger than a lipstick.
I order two just to see how it works (I need six)
They need a strange sized battery ....one you can't buy in normal shops so it was back to Amazon as I did not want to wait for a delivery from China. 
I want to get this thing finished so decide to get Amazon PRIM after all I can cancel it in 30 days and no extra postage required. (so long as I remember to cancel it)
I order it Tuesday for next day delivery. Wednesday I get the out on delivery e.mail so I wait....and wait NOTHING!!!!
I check and it says delivered to neighbour????? What neighbour? Why no note through MY door why not deliver to ME? I was in all day?
So I need to find where it's gone. After searching through Amazon for what felt like forever I find a 'phone me' button. By now it was almost 10pm so they answered pretty fast.
Eventually, I find it's gone to the house opposite and was signed for by someone called Helen H..strange I don't recall anyone called Helen but maybe it was a family member who opened the door? I also get a 30 extension on Amazon Prim. Lovely!
So I wait around all day Thursday until they come home and pop across to enquire about my parcel.... NOPE! They don't have it! *sigh*
SOOOOOO I phone Amazon and give them what for, guy apologises but not a lot he can do other than give me a refund. It will take seven days????? Not good enough when I pay for it they get my money straight away so why 7 days to get it back...words were said!
Apparently Amazon refund straight away but bank HOLD IT for seven days.....Yeah, and I'm the Queen of England!
So I re order and pay again and it will be delivered Saturday.
On Friday my next door neighbour returns from holiday and hands me a Amazon box and this note
Seriously they left it UNDER THE CAR!!!!!!
If it had rained it would have been ruined or if someone used the car... crushed! Also, I still want to know why not delivered to ME?
So now I have my batteries (two) and charger
I charge the batteries and try to fit them into the housing of the charger....after a LOT of fiddling I managed to get one in but the other case way to small
So I'm now left wondering are the batteries fake, the USB fake or maybe both?


Oh and the one I did get into the case it DOES WORK!



So now I just need to fix it to the ceiling and fix in the ceiling....then it's onward and upwards.
Sounds easy but as it's over 110 in my garden I'm not able to do anything....back to the swimming pool!









Comments

  1. Amazon Prime in the US now sends you a picture of your delivered package, in the spot where it was left. It's kind of creepy, but it's not anything that the guy who took the pic didn't already see. Just weird getting an email of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange, I would like to see the guy send a pic of a parcel UNDER a car!

      Delete
  2. Did you end up buying the lights from Amazon or eBay? Do you happen to recall what they are called so I can search for them? Thankfully we can get the portable charger here in the US in the store at Five and Below (with batteries included). Also I think I can get a thinner USB cord at Dollar Tree that should be easy to conceal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW we got Amazon Prime in Feb for FREE thru my cell phone service and so far no deliver issues. Hopefully they have ironed out the issues from before.

      Delete
    2. I still get 'issues' with Amazon. The lights are great and I have them set up in the school. I also brought more for the hospital. I purchased them from EBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-LED-Cordless-Under-Cabinet-Push-Tap-Touch-Stick-On-Night-Light-Lamps-Batterie-/182667970959?var=&hash=item2a87dc098f

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Wardrobe ideas

Simple Wardrobes And Storage

Prams/ Stroller or what ever you call it!... Painting Plastic