Sindy Kitchen

In the Europe we had Sindy by Palitoy later by Hasbro and more recently Vivid Imaginations. Like Barbie they had good and bad times. I was never much of a Sindy fan (her head was to big... and her boobs to small) But her furniture was another matter. As a collector now of Fashion Royalty dolls the scale is almost perfect, while Barbie's is on the most part a lot smaller. 
These are vintage Sindy pieces.
Four options
  1. Leave as is 
  2. Hand paint
  3. Spray paint
  4. Sticky back vinyl
I painted the handles chrome mostly I spray paint stuff but with all the little bits I decided on option 4.
I have sooo many rolls of vinyl just awaiting that day when....


I have a few of these oven units and was surprised that on all of them the handles are odd? Some face up and some down, I looked at some on e.bay and they were the same? When I get around to it I will have to loosen the odd ones and re-stick them.

I thought gold would look good. When I cut out the shapes I only added about a cm for overlap. I now know this was not enough as in some places it sprang off. I used selotape to keep it in place but next time I will cut the pieces bigger.


 The dents you can see in the photo's don't really show 'in life'.

I'm going to have a fiddle with the inside and will show you more details next week.

Sorry this is a short post but the sun is shinning and my girls are home. I need to visit the doll room to do the rest (counter tops splash backs etc) My cats Perri and 'no' Jordan are nightmares and get in every time I open the door. It's to nice to shut the door ..... Yeah, I know excuses, excuses so more next week!





Comments

  1. I agree I love the Sindy kitchens they are perfect for the FR ladies, and do not need to be raised or altered. That gold is very subtle and chic! I like the middle one. I have a set. One of the hardest parts to find is the upper cabinets. Our equivalent over here is Penny Brite or Tammy- her head is too big and too childish looking. Tammy is who your mom bought you because Barbie looked too mature, lol. Glad to see you back in your doll room!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sharp! I would not have thought to use gold paper - silver, but not gold. I have the same wall oven and the refrigerator. I have not customized them yet. Your set looks so classy, I might change mine someday.

    I, too, bought Sindy furniture for my Barbies. Here in the U.S., Marx distributed Sindy furniture, a Sindy doll, and a Gayle doll. I did eventually buy a Sindy, but her furniture went to my Barbies. Oh and our Sindy's came in a Pedigree labeled box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, delightful blog! You deserve to win an award for this informative, creative, creation. The smaller doll is not my choice to design clothing and accessories, because I love the larger doll like My Size Barbie (36"/38" tall), Frozen My Size Elsa (36"tall),and Frozen My Size Anna (36" tall). But, reading your blog will be a pleasure even if small dolls are not my first choice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Wardrobe ideas

Simple Wardrobes And Storage

Prams/ Stroller or what ever you call it!... Painting Plastic