Neal and Sarah's Kitchen

Neal and Sarah are the dolls that started it all for me in the writing of The Priors. Both are OOAK (Neal is by Veronica Hage and Sarah came from the wonderful Dawn One Sixth Sense) and were purchased just before I needed to save up for a house move. My dad said I could never stop buying but I did! I called it Dolly Cold Turkey and this none buying made me look at my collection in another way, I started to play with my dolls.... build them homes and write about them. I also posted EVERY SINGLE DAY on Doll Divas Doll Board. Now you want to know how long? Honest answer I can't remember!But it was a VERY long time I think about six months? Now anyone who knows me knows six DAYS is hard for me. My reward apart from the money to move was Giselle Diefendorf Costume Drama. But my unexpected reward was my love of writing, story telling and the making of dioramas. 
When I moved I had no place for my dolls so had to get a room/garage built... (more money and saving required) Check out the beginning of my diorama blog for more on that. 


After some years I have STILL to get back to my story but soon I hope?


Back to Neal and Sarah's new kitchen.
 This was kitchen one back in 2011
Kitchen two still in 2011
Kitchen three still in 2011



After that I was busy with other rooms, this is from 2013.
 ............................
And now...
 From this
 to this
 Worktop added. The sink and cooker top come away pretty easy. I also covered a couple of strips of foam core to make shelves.

I also upgraded the flooring as I feel this works better.


 I covered some board to make shelves
 I still need to add the door and coving
 Plus, the fridge freezer. I'm not sure whether to leave it white or spray it chrome? I did think about covering it in chrome sticky back plastic but the handles are not easy to remove? I will give it some more thought... maybe leave it white for now?
 Neal and Sarah have two young children so they have two high chairs.
 The table and chairs are from Amber in Mn Bashette' http://www.bashetteironworks.com/
And this is their housekeeper Faiza.


Comments

  1. I remember when I first found your blog and it took me a long time to read all of your stories, but I got hooked. I also saw the posts on your move and the construction of your doll building! I was and still am so jealous! This new kitchen for Neal and Sarah is awesome! I have learned so much from watching you do you dioramas too. Also, it has been a pleasure to see your daughter's blossom into beautiful young ladies! Now I can't wait for your stories to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such wonderful comments. I hope to get back into my stories soon.... after all that was why I built a town!

      Delete
  2. The kitchen looks so real! Beautiful dioramas. :) That is so nice to hear how you actually got to enjoy the dolls you had during the time of "no buying" as it can be so hard to stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was fun learning so much and doll 'stuff' and myself when I took the time to enjoy what I have.

      Delete
  3. Hello from Spain: I found your blog a few years ago and your collection is a dream for me. Your dioramas and your furniture are awesome. I liked your photos and meet your family.We keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently discovered your blog and I fell in love with it! :) I wish I had enough spare space to grow my doll collection and give them as beautiful rooms as your dolls have. So I have this "no buying" time at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a 'no buying' time when I was saving up to move....I chose this time to start writing and that was how this all began. Sarah's Story, and then Neal's Dates. Follows after the move by The Priors.

      Delete
  5. I love all your posts....you are the reason I started my ...craziness. Mini-on....love the kitchens!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Wardrobe ideas

Simple Wardrobes And Storage

Prams/ Stroller or what ever you call it!... Painting Plastic